Premium Engineering Coatings
Chem Processing, Inc. offers a variety of coatings, both organic and inorganic, including both thermoplastic and thermosetting powder. Thermoplastic powders are applied as dry particulates that form a smooth coating when exposed to heat and soften upon subsequent reheating. Examples of thermoplastic powders include nylon, PTFE (Teflon®), polyethylene and vinyl. Thermosetting powders, which do not soften upon reheating, include epoxies, epoxy/polyester hybrids and acrylics. Advantages of such coatings include corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, aging characteristics, appearance and cost. Additionally, Chem Processing offers zinc and alumium based coatings from Doerken for superior corrosion resistance without the risk of hydrogen embrittlement.
Coatings by Trade Name:
- Delta-Seal®: suitable over many metallic substrates; acid/alkali/petroleum resistant
- Sandstrom® Dry Film/Solid Film Lubricant: wear and corrosion resistant; allows for repeated disassembly;
- Emralon®: low friction fluoropolymer coating
- Kynar® PVDF: chemical and abrasion resistant; flame retardant; thermally stable; flexible; UV resistant
- Nylon: black; low-friction coating; abrasion, wear and chemical resistant; machinable
- Teflon®: non-stick, chemical resistant coatings suitable for pharmaceutical and biopharma applications
- Xylan®: wear, temperature and chemical resistant, non-stick coatings; available in a variety of colors
- Maxcoat®: customizable engineering characteristics—wear, corrosion protection, and temperature
Engineering Properties of Thermoplastic Powders:
|Epoxy||Epoxy Hybrids||Urethane Polyester|
|Melting Point (deg F)
|Salt Spray Resistance
Chem Processing Inc. offers coating services to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, the Midwest and beyond. CPI is strategically located by highway routes to Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, St. Louis, and Minneapolis. The CPI facility is minutes from a major Midwestern air freight hub , enabling efficient door-to-door delivery across the United States or across the globe.