Industrial Silver Plating (Nadcap accredited)
Industrial Silver Electroplating...corrosion resistance...superior conductivity...excellent solderability...outstanding lubricity
Industrial silver plating is a corrosion resistant coating that can be plated on steel, aluminum, copper, bronze and stainless steel alloys. Because of silver's conductivity and excellent solderability, it is often plated onto electrical components. It is widely used in the aerospace industry on engine turbine components for its outstanding lubricity, even at high temperatures. For the same reason, it is sometimes used as a break-in coating on gears. Chem Processing, Inc. offers silver plating for non-decorative industrial applications. Industrial silver plating is usually dull, matte or semi-bright in appearance.
Chem Processing Inc. Silver Electroplating Capabilities:
- AMS 2410, 2411 & 2412 compliant chemistry
- >99.9% pure deposit
- Thickness ranges from 0.0001" to 0.0020"
- Rack and barrel plating
- Precision masking for selective surface plating
- Hydrogen embrittlement relief baking
- Thickness analysis using XRF technology
- Adhesion testing
- ASTM B700
- SAE AMS 2410
- SAE AMS 2411
- SAE AMS 2412
- ISO 4521
- PN13.14 (UTC Aerospace Systems/Hamilton Sundstrand)
- 580-0011 (Rockwell Collins) except -018 and -019
Common Applications of Electroplated Silver:
- Aerospace: fasteners (lubrication and corrosion protection), turbine fasteners & components, bearing surfaces, electronic connectors, rotorcraft gears and others
- Electrical Components: coatings on connectors that operate at higher and less critical loadings
- Semi-conductor Lead Frames: current bonding techniques that require a precious metal
- Bearing Surfaces: high load applications in fluids of low lubricity
- Storage Tanks: corrosion resistant chemical storage tanks
- Chem Processing, Inc. has the capability to control metallic and organic contamination that could lead to color deposits, rough plating, and poor adhesion.
Chem Processing Inc. offers industrial silver plating services to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, the Midwest and beyond. CPI is strategically located by highway routes to Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, St. Louis, and Minneapolis. The CPI facility is minutes from Rockford Chicago International Airport, a major Midwestern air freight hub, enabling efficient door-to-door delivery across the United States or across the globe.