Copper Electroplating (Nadcap accredited)
Chem Processing, Inc. offers copper plating for engineering applications, including electrical conductivity, heat treat stop-off for nitriding and carburizing of steel, and as a strike for other plated metals such as nickel, silver or cadmium. When used as a heat treat stop-off or mask, copper electroplated portions of a steel part will be excluded from the heat treat process. Engineering properties of copper electroplating include: excellent electrical conductivity, good lubrication, and solderability.
To better serve our aerospace customers with copper plating requirements, Chem Processing, Inc. has added the finish to the scope of its Nadcap accreditation.
Chem Processing Inc. Copper Plating Capabilities:
- Plating Thickness Range of 0.0001 to 0.0050 in.
- Rack and Barrel Processing
- Masking for Selective Surface Plating
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Relief Thermal Treatment and Testing
- Thickness Analysis with X-Ray Fluorescence Technology
- SAE AMS 2418
- ASTM B734
- CP 13.19 (UTC Aerospace Systems/Hamilton Sundstrand)
Typical Copper Plating Applications:
- Mask for selective heat treatment
- Armor-piercing ammunition
- Electrical components
Chem Processing Inc. offers copper plating services to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, the Midwest and beyond. CPI is strategically located by highway routes to Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, St. Louis, and Minneapolis. The CPI facility is minutes from Rockford Chicago International Airport, a major Midwestern air freight hub, enabling efficient door-to-door delivery across the United States or across the globe.